Re: [XAG] technique 1.2.1 Re: Comments on XAG - 3 Oct 2002

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> we had better fix this.
>
> We should also discuss the relative merits of schema languages which do
> enable mixing, or can be easily extended.
>
> I thought that you could do this if you included a DTD fragment as well
> that allowed it? Otherwise you need to leave out the doctype, and use a
> schema-based version such as 1.2, no?

Actually, after I made this comment I looked closer at the
SVG specification (a typical "act first, think later" strategy).

I think I was wrong, you can be valid SVG if you include
other namespaces (as long as the XML is valid of course).
The spec says something like: chuck out everything that
isn't SVG, and if what's left is valid, then you are ok.

I leave the schema issue to someone else, although we are currently
discussing schema languages in a few working groups.

Dean