Re: wake-up call

On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Kynn Bartlett wrote:

  At 08:38 AM 4/9/2001, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >I also wouldn't underestimate the artists that we do have... (Myself not
  >included - I can draw digrams which is not the same thing, but is a step in
  >the right direction).

  And Charles makes a fatal misstep!  Dude, this is why you don't mention
  these things; you have now volunteered to illustrate WAI documents.

Action item completed: See the latest group draft of authoring tool
techniques: http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/WD-ATAG10-TECHS-20010319
<grin type="smug"/>. Actually Jan has probably done even more than me to
include illustration there. (I made the icons that appear everywhere in that,
but he has made a larger number of images I think.)

chaals

  In all seriousness, I don't mean to underestimate any artists among
  us, but I just note that they are likely being underutilized, just by
  virtue of the fact that most key WAI documents contain approximately
  zero helpful illustrations at present.  If we have people with those
  specific skills, we aren't using them right now!

  --Kynn

  PS:  We need pictures of people with disabilities on the main WAI
        home page.