From: Matthew Deeprose
Sent: 29 October 2021 09:49
To: wai-eo-editors@w3.org<mailto:wai-eo-editors@w3.org>
Subject: Using WAI material

Hi

Together with some colleagues I'm giving a presentation approaching accessibility within the policies and processes of University IT departments. I'm based in the UK and have found that very few HE IT departments have thought about this and there is a hunger to learn more. I'm in a position of looking to gain support for such work in my own department, and I've connected with someone at another institution who has just had an IT accessibility policy approved for implementation.

Whilst researching the topic I came across the WAI Planning and Managing Web Accessibility<https://www.w3.org/WAI/planning-and-managing/> resources. This is an excellent framework for presenting the journey. I plan to use this to structure the presentation, to explain the different aspects covered in your guidance, and then to relate it to the circumstances that University IT departments face. For example many IT departments will support hundreds of web based services, some commercial, and some built in house. Development teams are often siloed and using different technology stacks.

The presentation is being organised by UCISA, a member-led professional body for digital practitioners within education. Here you can find details about the event<https://www.ucisa.ac.uk/Events/2021/December/Making-IT-accessible-for-all>.

Once the event has finished and I have the details from the organisers, I'll send a follow up email with the number of attendees, the questions they had, and other details.

I will follow the instructions on the Using WAI Material: Permission to Use with Attribution<https://www.w3.org/WAI/about/using-wai-material/> page.

Thanks for all the work you have done on making this resource available.

Matthew Deeprose
Senior Learning Designer
University of Southampton

This email has been checked for accessibility. Want to know how to make your email accessible?<https://generic.wordpress.soton.ac.uk/digital-learning/2020/11/23/how-can-i-improve-accessibility-of-my-emails/>

Matthew Deeprose
He/Him/His<https://pronoun.is/he>
Senior Learning Designer
Digital Learning