Re: [en] Curricula on Web Accessibility: A Framework to Build Your Own Courses

Hi Shadi,

#1 Yes. My comment is about the process.

I tried to comment on the page using the buttons at the bottom of the
page and couldn't find anything appropriate. It needs a line edit, and
githib isn't an efficient tool for that. It takes a lot of cognitive
effort and time to see everything in context while switching between
views or making changes using a format that’s not optimized for reading
by people.

I'm glad you suggested switching to a Google doc –  that's much more
appropriate as a line edit tool. I almost sent a Google doc instead, but
I was trying to make the point that using the suggested methods did not
work well given the stage of the document.

I did a line edit of the top third of the Curricula and Web
Accessibility Page in a Google doc
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zaI3bNJwSs7pMQgINmHYaNUwEq0z46Mi3-agIiiSUqs/edit#>
so you can see it. I put the clean copy I'd previously done on top, then
I went through and made the suggestions again on the original so you can
see what I did.

I made edits for clarity and readability– I took out redundancy and
improved the flow and language for readability. This is intended to be a
sample to show that the language can be much clearer and suggest that
after the committee gets through with substantive changes, there be an
edit step before the text is laid out using a tool that allows for an
proper line edit. I think this would make the process much more
efficient. This is the process everyone’s copy goes through at every
publication I’ve worked at.

Please take a look – I think this will make it clear that the process
needs a line edit step in a proper line editing tool after the committee
is done with substantive changes but before it is laid out on a webpage.

#2 – I didn't have any comment on preferences for style and presentation
of pages, except as it relates to #1 – it's cognitively difficult and
not efficient to do a line edit step after something's been styled, and
then keep it styled.

#3 – I didn't have any comments about specific wording of the content as
an invited expert, but as an editor. I'm trying to make it as readable
as possible, rather than suggest substantive changes to the content.
Thus the process suggestion.

Cheers,
Kim

Kimberly Patch