Fwd: Seeking Case Studies for Accessibility Business Case

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Terence Eden <terence.eden@digital.cabinet-office.gov.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 10:30
Subject: Re: Seeking Case Studies for Accessibility Business Case
To: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>

Hi Shawn,
We have a blog dedicated to Accessibility in the UK Government -
https://accessibility.blog.gov.uk/
Feel free to link to any post which meets your needs.  These ones may be
relevant to you
https://accessibility.blog.gov.uk/2018/09/27/assistive-technology-tools-you-can-use-at-no-cost/

https://gdstechnology.blog.gov.uk/2016/09/19/why-we-use-progressive-enhancement-to-build-gov-uk/

Terence

On Wed, 10 Oct 2018 at 20:28 Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org> wrote:

> Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
>
> WAI's Education and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) is finalizing an update
> to "The Business Case for Accessibility" that will be published on the W3C
> WAI website. W3C doesn't usually include names of organizations or products
> in documents such as this; however, EOWG believes this business case
> document is much stronger and more useful with specific examples. We
> previously asked for examples from the WAI Interest Group.[1]
>
> We invite you to share a case study to help others understand and make the
> business case for web accessibility. We are particularly interested in:
>
> * Case studies with data that shows the benefits of accessibility, such as
> increased traffic, more completed web transactions, more sales, etc. For
> example, see [2]
>
> * Case studies from around the world.
>
> * Case studies that show negatives and then positives. For example,
> acknowledge that the organization didn't address accessibility sufficiently
> at first and say how it negatively impacted brand image, sales, or other;
> then after the organization addressed accessibility better, show the
> benefits gained, such as positive brand image, sales, or other.
>
> We encourage you to post your case study to the WAI-Engage Community Group
> wiki page:
>         https://www.w3.org/community/wai-engage/wiki/Case_studies
> Or we can post it for you if you send it to:
>         wai-eo-editors@w3.org
>
> EOWG is monitoring that case study page, and plans to include some posted
> case study information in the main business case document as it fits.
>
> The draft Business Case for Accessibility document is at:
>         https://w3c.github.io/wai-bcase/teach-advocate/business-case/
> (The final resource will be published at
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/business-case/ )
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> Best,
> ~Shawn, EOWG Team Contact