Re: Training pages ready for publication [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Shawn,

As requested, changleog updates ...
cl-training<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-training.html>

References & Resources WAI-AGE task force and EOWG Discussions:

   - EOWG  - 2012 (8 Jun 2012 <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/08-eo-minutes>, 22
   Jun 2012 <http://www.w3.org/2012/06/22-eo-minutes>, 10 Aug
2012<http://www.w3.org/2012/08/10-eo-minutes>,
   17 Aug 2012 <http://www.w3.org/2012/08/17-eo-minutes>)
   - EOWG Survey August
2010<http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35532/waitraining2b/results>&
WAI-EO-Editors
   emails<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/wai-eo-editors/2010Aug/subject.html>

Change Requests and Edit Notes

Notes:

   - See References<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-training.html#refs>section
above for links to meeting minutes and e-mail input
   - See also the changelog for "Making your presentations
accessible"<http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/changelogs/cl-training.html#accessible>below

Changed 17 August 2012

   - * Topics*
      - Migrating to WCAG2
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/training/topics#migrate>section - first bullet
under "what this topic covers" - "Accessibility is
      fundamentally still the same - the basic goals of accessibility have not
      changed" reworded to "Acknowledgement that the basic goals of web
      accessibility have not changed"
      - WAI-ARIA <http://www.w3.org/WAI/training/topics#aria> section -
      additional bullet: "Reminder that HTML 5 does not make WAI ARIA redundant"
   - *Workshop*
      - Added cautionary note at start about experience of presenter:
      "These materials are meant to give structure to your own
      accessibility knowledge and help you to teach others. They are
meant to be
      used freely, with acknowledgement of the source. You may adapt them as
      needed. If you are the "accidental accessibility expert" and are new to
      accessibility yourself, however, you are wise to prepare.

      It is important and valuable to your colleagues and communities to
      share accessibility information. Understand your own level of
knowledge and
      remember that no one knows everything about accessibility. While you will
      certainly want to become very familiar with the materials you are
      presenting, you are likely to have certain areas where your expertise is
      stronger than others. If you are unsure of some concepts or
techniques, you
      may want to seek support on the WAI Interest Group list or one
of the other
      related community groups. Be very open with your audience about your
      background and level of expertise. You are sure to get questions and
      requests for more information as you present these materials and
it is fine
      to admit when you don't know the answer. In fact, a question that you do
      NOT know the answer to is often a great opportunity to explore additional
      WAI Resources with your audience."
      {wording needs to be confirmed after 17 Aug EO meeting discusses}

      - Important
Notes<http://www.w3.org/WAI/training/workshop-outlines#notes>section
under 'additional notes for presenters':
      - add an additional bullet: "Draw illustrative examples from sites
         and material that are relevant to the participants backgrounds, e.g.
         government, commerce, etc."
         - expand second bullet with "Seek feedback at the end of each day
         and adjust remaining material as appropriate."

{seems to missing the changes that occurred in Sept 2012 as an initial
result of the survey just before I finished up - apologies :( }

Changed late September 2010

   - most issues raised from August 2010 survey addressed - some held over
   to EO consideration 2012 (see above)

Changed 16 September 2010

   - * Presentations*

--
Andrew Arch
  Canberra, Australia

“Man does not cease to play because he grows old.
    Man grows old because he ceases to play.”
George Bernard Shaw