RE: FW: [XP] Re: Quality is free...

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Berczuk [mailto:steve@berczuk.com]
Sent: 26. ágúst 2003 11:59
To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: FW: [XP] Re: Quality is free...

>> "Delivering soon" as you put it means delivering the needed business
value
>> on a specific date this year because if it isn´t then it won´t be put in
use
>> until next year. It´s important to my manager to make rather than break
here
>> as she sees it.

>In general, delivering something that works is better than delivering
>"business value" that doesn't work.

I agree, but here it´s not a matter of working or not working it´s a matter
of working with quality or without it. Quality here being linked to testing
coverage and simple, changeable design.

>Anyway if you're doing XP you are
>always calibrating the 'what' with the delivery date... I get nervous
>when I hear words like "Business Value" or "Business Decision" without
>further explaination. Often they seem to be a proxy for "Just Because I
>said so..."

Again I agree and that is what we did and are doing, but the problem we are
facing is that we don´t seem to be able to find the right balance between
the 'what' with superior quality and the delivery date.

Regards,
Dadi.

ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com