RE: Audio Collisions

	[David Pawson]  ..snip >
> > [referring to...]
> > > For those using synthetic speech to access text, there are
> > > potential problems when the sound effect, and/or the spoken text
> > > of a description of the sound effect, collides (in the audio
> > > delivered to the user) with the presentation of spoken text
> > > extracted from the page.

	[David Pawson]  Are we approaching a 'channelling' effect?
	The impact of personal choice would leave a user instructing the
	browser to selectively action visual and auditory output,
leaving
	[for example] presented material to be channelled primarily to
	an audio device ( for the visually impaired reader) which would
	eliminate any audio [switched off] from the page. Similarly,
	auto-generated sounds from the web page might be switched
	off and replaced with visual [alts] output for the user who has
	no use for auditory output.
	Channels would need to be defined for
	Primary output visual
	Primary output audio
	   [One of these may be defined as my preferred prime channel]
	Secondary output visual
	Secondary output audio
	if we wanted to get exotic, the presence of a secondary channel
	output could lead to an event to which I may wish to respond, by
halting the
	main channel output to listen, look at the secondary channel?

	Just a thought.

	DaveP