RE: proposal for responses to 20 March 2015 Comments - SH01

I agree with these responses.

-Jan

________________________________
From: Jeanne Spellman [jeanne@w3.org]
Sent: March-27-15 2:11 PM
To: UAWG
Subject: proposal for responses to 20 March 2015 Comments - SH01

We received new comments in response to our request to close out the prior comments.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2015JanMar/0055.html

Kim moved the key parts of the email to a wiki page:
https://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/work/wiki/Comment_Response_20_March_2015

I propose the following changes  in response to SH01:
SH01 response has 2 parts.
1) I propose to change Line Spacing so that the text matches in both places.
    "* Line spacing, choosing from a range with at least three values up to at least 2 times the default"
I propose to decline the second change and respond:
"UAWG 's opinion is that the need to turn the text style on or off globally is a rare, but necessary use case.  Customizing text on an element level does not require that global ability.  UAWG chose the phrasing deliberately.  "

2) I propose accepting the change as suggested: Change "When it comes to magnification, size, or spacing, the optimum value for a given user would vary based on their visual impairment..." TO:
"Users have varying needs for text size and spacing"