Re: Meeting: User Agent Teleconference for 21 April 2011

Good question, Jan! I can see that we didn't make it very clear.

Of the seven success criteria Guideline 2.7, titled "Structural Navigation", three were about direct, rather than structural, navigation and activation so we proposed moving them to a new Guideline 2.3, titled "Direct Navigation and Activation". Of those remaining, three didn't seem to be about keyboard or navigation, so we didn't address them.

Here's the proposed disposition of the success criteria in 2.7:

2.7.1 Discover navigation and activation keystrokes, is about direct navigation/activation so becomes 2.3.3 and 2.3.4.

2.7.2 Access Relationships, did not seem to be about keyboard or navigation and so was not addressed in our proposal.

2.7.3 Location in Hierarchy, did not seem to be about keyboard or navigation and so was not addressed in our proposal. As we were discussing last week, if it's about navigation then it belongs under

2.7.4 Direct navigation, is about direct navigation/activation so becomes 2.3.1.

2.7.5 Access to Relationships which Aid Navigation, did not seem to be about keyboard or navigation and so was not addressed in our proposal.

2.7.6 Direct activation, is about direct navigation/activation so becomes 2.3.2.

2.7.7 Configure Set of Important Elements (for structural navigation), should have been included in our reorganization at the end of Guideline 2.5 "Provide Structured Navigation". I putting it there now, along with a placeholder for a new SC that would actually require structural navigation, as we were requiring it to be configurable, but not to be provided in the first place.

I've put this information into the Major Changes section of the Wiki article.

     Thanks,
     Greg