Re: SMIL Help

Raheel,
It would be nice to do what you like to have one file that could be used
across media players, but unfortunately the world is not that kind to use
(yet).  You really need to design text tracks for a specific player and
even the same player on different platforms often have different features.

Text Track Formats:
RealPlayer: RealText/SMIL
Micosoft Media Player: SAMI (for captions only)
Quicktime Player: QuickText/Some SMIL support or Text MOV tracks

Wish there was a better solution, but not right now.

SMIL 1.0 or 2.0 does not include a Text Track specification.  There is a
new group forming in the W3C that will be trying to define an open text
track recommendation.

Jon