Re: Proposal for Checkpoint 5.5 Confirm form submission

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> There is some sediment to drop "Checkpoint 5.5 Confirm form submission"
> requirement.
>
> Proposal: I suggest we add it to the requirements listed under the
> repair label.  This is useful when there are automatic form submissions
> and that is really an accessibility authoring problem that this
> checkpoint is trying to repair.

Beware the slippery slope. All of the checkpoints in Guideline 5
are about making manual some automatic behavior. Indeed, that
is a *very important theme* of UAAG 1.0. We have lots of checkpoints
that amount to making some automatic behavior manual.

I do not recommend making 5.5 (or other checkpoints that
make automatic behavior manual) optional under the "repair"
label.

NOTE: If we pursue the "repair label" idea, there will not be
a perfect solution for which checkpoints are repair checkpoints
and which are not; we will simply end up choosing a set. The choice
will not be completely arbitrary, but will be subjective.

  _ Ian

Tel:                     +1 718 260-9447