Re: PROPOSAL: Checkpoint 4.4 Slow Multimedia

"Jon Gunderson" <jongund@uiuc.edu>
> At 04:44 PM 6/5/2002 -0400, Marisa DeMeglio wrote:
> >Control over playback speed gets some attention from Daisybook
> >players.  I'll ask around and try to get a list of exactly who is doing
it now.
> >As of this fall, we hope to have it integrated with the AMIS project
(new
> >Daisy player from JSRPD).
> >Control over speed of streaming media could be an issue that we will
run
> >into, depending on how the media player components (ex, windows media
> >player, Java media framework) behave.

Windows Media Player as an application doesn't support slowing of
streaming media.  However DirectAnimation which can also playback windows
media content can play it back slower * so hopefully for WMP at least it's
not too much of a technical issue.  DA is no longer "supported" by MS
though - You could currently build an interface to a WMP player that could
control speed - I've done one with audio.

Jim.

(Apologies for the meeting, I am always unavailable then.)

* There may be a live problem actually, I _think_ I've seen it done with
live rather than just archive but I'm not completely positive.