Re: Enumeration of EventListeners in DOM Level 3 Events

Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> Ray,
>
> It appears that you are complaining about issues that are a direct result
> of the DOM working group including only part of the requirements I had
> placed on you for PF. What would you have me say? Stop shooting yourself
> with the arrows?

Ray's comment is a valid comment from the DOM Working Group. We participated
in the WAI UA call last Friday to better understand the situation [1]. The DOM
Working Group does not reject the action item from the March meeting. We are
still committed to address it but we do not believe that the current solution
proposed in the DOM Level 3 Events draft in the right one. If you are not
satisfied with the outcome of the teleconference, I suggest you to talk to
the WAI UA/PF representatives and review the list of use cases [2]. For the
moment, we will continue to work with the WAI UA, WAI PF, and other WGs on events
to find "a way to get the list of registered event handlers". btw, this is a UA
requirement, not a PF one since it came up at the WAI UA/DOM joint f2f meeting.

Regards,
Philippe

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001OctDec/0105.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2001OctDec/0151.html