Re: Making all interactive elements visible

Aaron Leventhal wrote:

> The only problem I have with
>
>    A[onmouseover] { background: yellow; color: black }
> is that I don't think it supports mouseovers that come from script, such as:
>
> function addMouseOvers()
> {
> var nodeList = document.getElementsByTagName('TD');
> var endList=nodeList.length;
> for (var count =0; count < endList; count++) {
>   node=nodeList[count];
>   // Using setAttribute instead of AddEventListener gets around bug where
>   // the mouseover in the tablecell is ignored when you're over the text inside the cell
>   node.addEventListener('mouseover',showTheSquare, false );
>   }
> }
>
> I think this will be quite common.

Per our discussion with the DOM WG, the DOM 2 event
handler registration mechanism [1] doesn't allow programs
to list the available handlers. So unless UA's keep track
of this information themselves, I don't know how to help
until the WG gives us this information (which we requested
at the meeting).

 - Ian

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/events.html#Events-registration