Re: Making all interactive elements visible

If UAs don't keep track of the information, they will have a hard time making
use  of it. So it becomes an implementation issue. (That doesn't solve it
though). In particular, how to make sure that these tings fit in a reasonable
navigation context is a question for which it would be nice to provide
several techniques.

(I have no ideas yet)

Charles

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Aaron Leventhal wrote:

  > The only problem I have with
  >
  >    A[onmouseover] { background: yellow; color: black }
  > is that I don't think it supports mouseovers that come from script, such as:
  >
  > function addMouseOvers()
  > {
  > var nodeList = document.getElementsByTagName('TD');
  > var endList=nodeList.length;
  > for (var count =0; count < endList; count++) {
  >   node=nodeList[count];
  >   // Using setAttribute instead of AddEventListener gets around bug where
  >   // the mouseover in the tablecell is ignored when you're over the text inside the cell
  >   node.addEventListener('mouseover',showTheSquare, false );
  >   }
  > }
  >
  > I think this will be quite common.

  Per our discussion with the DOM WG, the DOM 2 event
  handler registration mechanism [1] doesn't allow programs
  to list the available handlers. So unless UA's keep track
  of this information themselves, I don't know how to help
  until the WG gives us this information (which we requested
  at the meeting).

   - Ian

  [1]
  http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Events/events.html#Events-registration