Re: Comments on Section 3.4 related to checkpoint grouping

At 04:32 AM 10/5/2000 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:
>jon gunderson wrote:
> >
> > Section 3.4 Content type labels
> >
> > 1. Audio label missing checkpoint 3.2,
>
>Yes.
>
> > remove 4.15 and 4.16 (add to speech
> > label),
>
>Do you mean 4.16 and 4.17? (not 4.15)
>I think that 4.16 and 4.17 are required (highlighting of selection and
>focus) in most of the groups.

JRG: Yes

> > and order checkpoints numerically.
>
>Yes.
>
> > 2. Image label missing 3.4 (if label is to be consistent with including
> > 3.3 in Text grouping for animations)
>
>Yes.
>
> > 3. Speech label missing 4.15, 4.16, 8.2 and 8.3
>
>Yes.

JRG: This should be 4.17 instead of 4.15, as noted above.

> > 4. I think there are two issues in the use of the content type section:
> > helping developers to understand which checkpoints apply to them and
> > secondly to help consumers more easily understand if developer claims will
> > make a user agent more accessible to them.  The groupings Text, Color,
> > Image, Animation, Video, Audio and Speech address the needs of developers
> > to easily identify which checkpoints are applicable to associated media
> > types.  The groupings Multimedia and All, seem more useful to consumers
> > wanting to know more about the general accessibility of a user agent.
>
>Yes, that's a good way to think about these groupings.
>
> > I therefore propose an additional grouping primarily for consumers, GUI for
> > graphical user interface.  GUI would include the following groupings and
> > checkpoint:
> >
> > Text, Color, Image, Animation and checkpoint 3.2.
>
>(Checkpoint 3.2 is part of Animation.)
>
>Ok by me.

JRG: Great.  I included 3.2 explicitly, because I did not want to
developers to think that the only 3.2 requirement was only for animations.
I think this is editorial, just so it is clear to developers to satisfy 3.2
for video and audio for the GUI label.