Re: Comments on Section 3.4 related to checkpoint grouping

jon gunderson wrote:

> Section 3.4 Content type labels
>
> 1. Audio label missing checkpoint 3.2,

Yes.

> remove 4.15 and 4.16 (add to speech
> label),

Do you mean 4.16 and 4.17? (not 4.15)
I think that 4.16 and 4.17 are required (highlighting of selection and
focus) in most of the groups.

> and order checkpoints numerically.

Yes.

> 2. Image label missing 3.4 (if label is to be consistent with including
> 3.3 in Text grouping for animations)

Yes.

> 3. Speech label missing 4.15, 4.16, 8.2 and 8.3

Yes.

> 4. I think there are two issues in the use of the content type section:
> helping developers to understand which checkpoints apply to them and
> secondly to help consumers more easily understand if developer claims will
> make a user agent more accessible to them.  The groupings Text, Color,
> Image, Animation, Video, Audio and Speech address the needs of developers
> to easily identify which checkpoints are applicable to associated media
> types.  The groupings Multimedia and All, seem more useful to consumers
> wanting to know more about the general accessibility of a user agent.

Yes, that's a good way to think about these groupings.

> I therefore propose an additional grouping primarily for consumers, GUI for
> graphical user interface.  GUI would include the following groupings and
> checkpoint:
>
> Text, Color, Image, Animation and checkpoint 3.2.

(Checkpoint 3.2 is part of Animation.)

Ok by me.