Re: SVG, Style, Resizing, Etc.

Al Gilman wrote:

> At 04:51 AM 2000-10-05 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:
> >>
> >> 3. The resizing of vector graphics like SVG I do not think are addressed
> >> in the guidelines.  I think the group should discuss this. I will add it
> >> to the issue list for discussion on 10 October.
> >
> >IJ: Please help me understand the issue at hand.
> >
> >1) For the case of SVG, the requirement in question (the ability to
> >   recsize content) is part of conformance (and thus covered by
> >   UAAG 1.0 checkpoint 6.2). Refer to section G.7 [1]:
> >
> >   "For interactive user environments, facilities must exist for
> >    zooming and panning of standalone SVG documents or
> >    SVG document fragments embedded within parent XML documents."
> >
> >   There are other relevant conformance requirements in that section.
> >

> AG::
>
> [There's nothing to keep us from clarifying the issue by mail prior to the
> telecon.]
>
> This is good.
>
> Do the "other ... conformance requirements" determine what happens about
> the boundary in the layout canvas between the SVG content of an embedded
> SVG object and the other content of the parent XML document?

1) Section G4 [1] talks about conformance for included SVG fragments. I
don't
   see any mention of rendering requirements for this case.

   [1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/CR-SVG-20000802/conform.html#ConformingSVGIncludedDocuments

2) I think it's not the SVG spec that should be concerned with how
rendering
   happens at the boundary around the SVG object - that's the realm of
the
   englobing language (some languages may have different boundary
semantics).

 - Ian