Re: Determining Conformance to the User Agent Guidelines 1.0

This seems like a sensible process. I assume that the document is kept under
CVS, and that it is therefore relatively simple to get older versions.

Charles

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Ian Jacobs wrote:

  > Hello,
  >
  > I've published a document [1] that proposes a framework for
  > determining conformance requirements for the checkpoints
  > of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
  >
  > [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/05/ua-minreqs.html

  To avoid flooding the issues list, I propose that
  we update this document in place as we identify the
  requirements for each checkpoint. The document includes
  a "Last Modified" date at the bottom. If anyone feels that
  this document should not be modified in place and that
  we should be able to refer to older versions, please let
  me know.

  I have just updated the document based on the results
  of today's teleconference. There are links to the minutes.

  Please note that this document is meant to be a tool for
  helping us resolve issue 257. The expectation is that after
  we have finished, we will fold the results directly into
  as discussed at the 4 May teleconference [3].

  There was consensus on the call today that identifying
  conformance requirements now rather than later
  is a good idea.

   - Ian

  [2] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#257
  [3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0281.html