Re: Determining Conformance to the User Agent Guidelines 1.0

Ian Jacobs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've published a document [1] that proposes a framework for
> determining conformance requirements for the checkpoints
> of the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/05/ua-minreqs.html

To avoid flooding the issues list, I propose that
we update this document in place as we identify the
requirements for each checkpoint. The document includes
a "Last Modified" date at the bottom. If anyone feels that
this document should not be modified in place and that
we should be able to refer to older versions, please let
me know.

I have just updated the document based on the results
of today's teleconference. There are links to the minutes.

Please note that this document is meant to be a tool for
helping us resolve issue 257. The expectation is that after
we have finished, we will fold the results directly into
as discussed at the 4 May teleconference [3].

There was consensus on the call today that identifying
conformance requirements now rather than later
is a good idea.

 - Ian

[2] http://cmos-eng.rehab.uiuc.edu/ua-issues/issues-linear.html#257
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2000AprJun/0281.html