Re: Proposal for Checkpoint 2.1

Jon Gunderson wrote:

> JRG: Quesions:
> 1. Is it views or view ports that make alternative equivalents available?

A view is a slice of the data. A viewport is the window, frame, etc.
through which content is viewed. Both apply to your question.
I think that it's reasonable to ask that user agents make
available equivalent alternatives in each viewport upon request.
However, this doesn't mean, in my opinion, that it all has to
be on the "canvas" where the primary content is rendered. For
instance, you could query selected elements for attribute values
and that information would be available through the viewport,
but not "inline" as it were.

> 2. Do users make configuration adjustments on view ports or views?

Viewports.

> 2.a For example, if I change a font size, an I changing the view port or
> the view?

You're configuring that viewport.

> 2.b For example, if I change the display property of a user style sheet
> from block to none.  Have I changed the view or the view port?

You could say that you're configuring the viewport. However, you
are probably changing your view of data by hiding some.

 - Ian