Re: Proposal for Checkpoint 2.1

Ian,
Response in JRG:
At 12:03 PM 5/1/00 -0400, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> > >IJ: I don't think this is true. Some views could not be accessible,
> > >as long as the user can get equivalent functionality in other views.
> > >Just like for the documentation: some documentation may be inaccessible
> > >as long as at least one version is.
> >
> > JRG: I think saying that all views do not need to be accessible is
> > problematic.  A developer could say that the source view is the accessible
> > view for their application and I don't need to make any other views
> > accessible.  I think we need to have a requirement that all views are
> > accessible.
>
>IJ: I don't think I agree. Maybe part of the problem is whether we're
>talking about "view" or "viewport".

JRG: Quesions:
1. Is it views or view ports that make alternative equivalents available?

2. Do users make configuration adjustments on view ports or views?

2.a For example, if I change a font size, an I changing the view port or
the view?

2.b For example, if I change the display property of a user style sheet
from block to none.  Have I changed the view or the view port?

Thanks,

Chair, W3C WAI User Agent Working Group