Re: minimum requirements - font and colors

There is a confusion between support for the Specification CSS (which is
mandated already under support appropriate W3C specs) and the even more
important individual features that need to be available, such as control over
font face, size, colours, volume, speed and pitch...

CSS is a technique for meeting these individual requirements, that exist
independently. Implementing CSS does not necessarily require the user to ever
see something that is CSS - it can be implemented entirely through a
menu-driven, or wizard-based, or copy-example type interface.

Charles McCN

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Ian Jacobs wrote:

  Kitch Barnicle wrote:

  > Never mind the question about support for style sheets. But controlling
  > font and color through the UI is still okay isn't it?

  I think that there are a number of checkpoints that address a
  configuration range, and if possible, we should address them uniformly.
  I'm still thinking about how to do this.

  In my opinion, in no case should support for style sheets be a minimal
  requirement for meeting any checkpoint. However, style sheets may
  be sufficient for satisfying many of them.

   - Ian