ERT techniques in UA guidelines?

I have an action item from the ER group:

>> Action DB take issue to UA - should they be considering ERT techniques in
their guidelines? have they already? include in techniques document?

I don't have strong feelings that User Agents should employ ERT techniques,
but when the issue came up we agreed UA folks might be interested in hearing
about it.

Gregory has some thoughts below.

Dick Brown
Program Manager, Web Accessibility