RE: Timeline for telecons and F2F meeting

I like it - anything that gets us to a shipping document is a Good Thing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Gunderson [mailto:jongund@staff.uiuc.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 30, 1998 8:59 AM
To: w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Subject: Timeline for telecons and F2F meeting

I would like to follow up on a suggestion from Chuck Oppermann, during the
last telecon.  He suggested one way to move the current working draft to
proposed reccommendation would be to have s specific due date for finishing
the document.  While I am not sure that specific date can be done based on
the public and volunteer nature of the working group.  I would like to
propose an alternative.

Propose:
1. Ending the weekly scheduled teleconferences on December 16th related to
new and standing issues surrounding the working draft.  Resources that the
chair, editors and contributors are currently using for telecons and F2F
meetings would be used to complete a new working draft that could be used
as the basis for a proposed recommendation.  This new document would be
ready by January 8th.

2. Holding several telecons in January to make editoral changes to the
current document.   Probably January 13th and 20th (or those weeks).  But
other dates could be scheduled based on the needs of the group.

This gives us 1 more face-to-face meeting and 3 more teleconferences to get
any new ideas out on the table and tp try get group consensus on issues
related to the working draft.

What do people think of this idea?

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820