From: Scott Luebking [mailto:phoenixl@netcom.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 1998 1:59 PM
To: Charles (Chuck) Oppermann; Kathy Hewitt; phoenixl@netcom.com;
w3c-wai-ua@w3.org
Subject: RE: A table navigation technique

Hi,
I'm not clear that we will accomplish very much talking about the
history of Active Accessibility.  The question is whether visual
browsers should provide direct serialized rendering of tables as a
priority one.  As I mentioned before, I believe many blind people would
prefer that visual browsers would make their lives simpler by providing
this type of table rendering.  Do you believe that blind users would not
like that functionality directly available from browsers?  If I recall
correctly, in one of the conference calls, the view seem to be that
accessibility should be built directly into the browser when possible.
In addition, hooks/API should be provided for the access technology to
get information in order to build specialized access technology or for
further enhancements.

Scott