Re: Browser Sniffing

As a browser developer we must say that browser sniffing is a problem.
The result is that we need to say that we are Netscape to get pages
that are ok or even get pages at all in some cases. What would have
been much better is to be able to ask for pages using a system where
you say whether the browser and user want certain things such as

  - frames
  - tables
  - java
  - javascript
  - images

This allows the page designer to take these things into consideration
and deliver an optimal page. Sadly, some of them will just say "turn
on feature X".

--
Regards/Ciao/Kær kvedja/Vennlig hilsen/...

Jon S. von Tetzchner
Opera Software
Jon@operasoftware.com
http://www.operasoftware.com

Opera - The browser that is made for you.