Re: Jaws Not Reading Alt-Text That's in a Graphic

Hi David,

You state that JAWS is reading out the title of the blog and then
"graphic", and that NVDA is doing the same. Well, that's what I'm getting
as well with NVDA.

Initially I thought about the extra quote marks - as others have. But might
it be that the alternate text of that image is actually the same as the
title of the blog post - 'My soul, my soul, must sing'? So it seems as
though JAWS is voicing the blog post title when it is in fact just reading
out what's in the alt attribute.

I'm not sure what CMS is being used with this site but this could have been
marked as the 'featured image' for this blog post, and that the CMS
automatically puts the blog post title as the alternate text for the
featured image. I've seen this happen in some WordPress sites and it
depends on how the WordPress theme has been constructed.

Regards
Graham Armfield
coolfields.co.uk <http://www.coolfields.co.uk/>
M:07905 590026