RE: Jaws Not Reading Alt-Text That's in a Graphic

What browser are you using?

Latest JAWS works as expected in Chrome, but not Edge when navigating using the graphics quick key

-----Original Message-----
From: David Van Der Molen <dvm975@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2023 7:56 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Jaws Not Reading Alt-Text That's in a Graphic

Hi everyone.

I am a totally blind registered Jaws user. The CEO of the organization for which I work publishes a blog. He's told me that he has completed the alt-text field for the image that's in the post at the following link:

https://www.cccc.org/news_blogs/john/2010/11/30/my-soul-my-soul-must-sing/

When I get to the graphic, Jaws reads the title of the post, and then says "graphic."

I'm using the latest build of Jaws 2023. I've also tried NVDA, and I get the same result. I'm running Windows 10 and am using Firefox and Chrome.

Is there something wrong with the way the alt-text is inserted into the blog post? Is there a setting in Jaws that I need to check, so that the alt-text is read?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

Regards,

David Van Der Molen