RE: Accessible signature in mobile app

Gerard,

At the risk of being mocked by the whizzes™ on this list, I’d seriously challenge the need for a signature in the first place …

does the app require any authentication?  Biometrics? PIN code? Facial recognition? That is, can an individual be tied to whatever they are signing in a way that everyone can use?

There are PDF signing solutions that use a single line field to enter in a name-in-lieu of a signature, but the question is whether getting a user to ‘sign’ is of any value in the first place.

It is perfectly legitimate  to sign using a mark such as a cross or a dot or a sign in many cases for example so would this actually achieve the purported business requirement?