From: Gerard Copinga <gerard@cardan.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 7, 2023 12:28 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Accessible signature in mobile app

Hello list, I am advising a client who has a mobile application in which users (clients of the organisation) need to put a signature in. In both iOS and android there are ways to do that. But, of course, there are some accessiblity issues there. Does

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an External Sender

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Hello list,

I am advising a client who has a mobile application in which users (clients of the organisation) need to put a signature in. In both iOS and android there are ways to do that. But, of course, there are some accessiblity issues there.

Does anybody know of a good resource on how this can be done in an accessible way? I appreciate the help.

Our advise now is to add an accessible alternative. For example adding an input field to enter the person's name. But I am wondering if there are any other solutions that might work.

Kind regards,

Gerard Copinga

Senior consultant digital accessibility

CARDAN Technobility

Onderzoeken | Consultancy | Trainingen

TalentSquare 13, 5038 LX Tilburg, Nederland

Postbus 1350, 5004 BH Tilburg, Nederland

Telefoon +31 (0)88 500 4070

Internet  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/technobility.nl/__;!!KwNVnqRv!CTM8nKtz0B9MZQ6o8QeABb0R6wIKVwIXx7px-64czsKkBreVFYyjhwBkYcTTYmbXOGeFsEG60ELA_NJPRUyD-Ds$> www.technobility.nl