Re: JAWS lists and modal windows

It appears to be a Jaws specific bug, confirmed using this test case
from Scott O'Hara:
https://scottaohara.github.io/testing/html-dialog/tos-dialog.html

As a rule I advise against trying to fix bugs in individual assistive
tech, especially (as with this case) when the result is non-critical. It
almost always makes the code more complex and consequently more brittle.

I do think your assertion that screen reader users are unlikely to use
this functionality in dialogs might be true though. Certainly, it's not
a thing I ever recall trying to do - though I'm only a sample of one of
course!

Léonie.

--
Director @TetraLogical