From: Mike Cleary <mike.cleary@grantsolutions.gov>
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2022 12:18 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: JAWS lists and modal windows

Ce message a été envoyé par un expéditeur externe. Veuillez faire preuve de prudence et ne pas cliquer sur les liens ou ouvrir les pièces jointes à moins de reconnaître l'expéditeur et de savoir que le contenu est sûr.

This message was sent from an external sender. Please exercise caution and do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Hello,
We are frequently getting bug reports when using JAWS lists of headings or links to access the contents of open modal windows. In particular, when selecting a header on a modal, navigation on the modal tends to skip over a few elements.

I think it unlikely that someone will open a JAWS list after opening a modal window, but our test team won't budge (and maybe I misjudge JAWS users), so we're looking for a fix.

Any advice about how we can address this issue? or comment about the interaction of JAWS lists and modals in general?

Mike

--
Mike Cleary | Scrum Master
mike.cleary@grantsolutions.gov<mailto:mike.cleary@grantsolutions.gov>

GrantSolutions | 1700 Rockville Pike | Suite 600 | Rockville, MD 20852
Office: 703-288-5300 ext.157