From: Tobias Bengfort <tobias.bengfort@posteo.de>
Sent: 01 March 2022 10:51
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Redundant links in link list

Hi,

a common pattern with media elements is to have the same link on an image and a heading. This makes it easier to use the link with the mouse, but for keyboard navigation this is just annoying.

I understand it is helpful to use tabindex="-1" on the image link to remove the redundant link from the tab order. Will this also remove the redundant links from link navigation in assistive technology, e.g. NVDA?
Or should I use role="none" in addition to the tabindex?

Demo: https://files.ce9e.org/redundant-links.html

thanks,
tobias