Re: Redundant links in link list

On 01/03/2022 10:51, Tobias Bengfort wrote:
> I understand it is helpful to use tabindex="-1" on the image link to
> remove the redundant link from the tab order. Will this also remove the
> redundant links from link navigation in assistive technology, e.g. NVDA?
> Or should I use role="none" in addition to the tabindex?
>
> Demo: https://files.ce9e.org/redundant-links.html

It's not the cleanest approach, but in some cases where you're limited
and can't use "fancier" approaches (using clever CSS, and/or JS) don't
just make it non-focusable with tabindex="-1", but also completely hide
it from assistive technologies (unless the image itself also conveys
extra meaning/content that is not already conveyed by the text)

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux