Re: Seeking clarity regarding the terminology in Success Criterion 1.2.5 Audio Description

Thank you Greg for filing Ambiguous language defining Audio Description in
Understanding 1.2.5 (WCAG issue #2441)
<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/2441>, to clarify that a single audio
track can satisfy 1.2.3 and 1.2.5. I've added a comment there, further
clarifying that the single audio track can either contain traditional
interleaved audio description, or "integrated description" as Shawn
mentioned.

> Peter Shikli wrote “level AA rating requires only that you fit the audio
description in the pauses between dialog”, but when I raised this exact
same issue in the WebAIM forum last year, the consensus was the opposite.

Great point! I would love to see this one resolved... How to add audio
descriptions to video? (WCAG issue #1768)
<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/1768>

Cheers,

Mitchell Evan, CPWA
linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan <https://www.linkedin.com/in/mitchellrevan>