Re: In-page links: Href with no corresponding ID

On 31/03/2022 10:12, Tom Shaw wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm looking for some advice. I've been trying to understand whether or
> not an in-page skip link (for example...an error link which takes user
> focus to the problematic input) is a failure under wcag2.1 or not if it
> does not work. Example: The link uses a the href attribute #case-log for
> example but does not match an ID or the page so has no functionality.
> I'm under the impression this affects everyone and is may not be
> specifically an accessibility issue.

If it's specifically a skip link implemented to jump over repeating
blocks of content, then it fails 2.4.1. If it's a "regular" in-page link
that's broken, then no it doesn't fail 2.4.1, but is just a general
bug/error of the page.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux