Successful avoidance of dependency on dragging

Just thought I'd share that I've been working with designers incorporating
some of the WCAG 2.2 candidates. Wrote a short article on how we overcame
dragging reliance in a data viz tool. This is just one of many successes
we're having taking WCAG 2.2 SCs into consideration.
https://medium.com/carbondesign/not-dragging-our-feet-a03ea57150e

PS Medium has no apparent way of pausing animations. There is a small
animation loop in the middle of the page which I believe will not disrupt
any technologies or be negatively distracting to users. We decided the
animation's benefit outweighed what we regarded as its potential negative
impact, given the small size relative to the overall page content.  I'd
welcome comments from anyone who runs into issues with it so I can better
understand unanticipated fallout from what I perceive as a trivial failure
of Pause, Hide, Stop.

Michael Gower
Senior Consultant in Accessibility
IBM Design

1803 Douglas Street, Victoria, BC  V8T 5C3
gowerm@ca.ibm.com
cellular: (250) 661-0098 *  fax: (250) 220-8034