RE: Embedded PDFs

Chrome has a built in PDF extension that seems to do a decent job at providing HTML semantics for tagged PDF content that is embedded - although some things such as form filling are not available.   I generally download the document and if not a form may also convert to Word depending on how often I read the document, etc.

Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Léonie Watson <lwatson@tetralogical.com>
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 11:50 PM
To: Hayk Mikayelyan <HMikayelyan@benchmarkeducation.com>; W3C WAI ig <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Embedded PDFs

To the best of my knowledge an embedded PDF will lose its structure and semantic information, no matter how accessible it is to begin with, and no matter which tool is used to present it. I would suggest providing a link to download the PDF - as a screen reader user myself, it is always my preferred option for reading PDF available from websites.

Léonie.

--
Director @TetraLogical
https://tetralogical.com/