Re: Embedded PDFs

The other thing which springs to mind is not so much technical but the
question "Why are you providing content in PDF to begin with?"

Generally the answer to that is something like, the PDF file is a brochure,
or a product manual or something which people might want to refer to or
keep, in which case, a link to it also makes sense - users who want to
quickly view it can click on it and it will open in their browser, or users
who need accessibility, or who want to save it, can download it.

If the content is intended to be viewed online as part of the experience of
browsing that web page (eg a story on a news website, or a basic overview
of a product) - then having it as part of the regular page itself might be
a better option - it flows more smoothly with the page, it's
probably quickly to load, it's easier to search or find (If I do a web
search for a phrase which is only in a PDF on a website, I'm not sure it
will be found, if that phrase isn't also in the text of the site itself).

Regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen