Re: Email and Reflow at 320 CSS px

On 17/05/2021 17:45, Wayne Dick wrote:
> I am wondering when any email client will start to comply with WCAG 2.1
> 1.4.10. We are about to approve WCAG 2.2, and not one major player can
> manage 640 CSS px let alone the required 320. It is disgusting.
>
> I am not greedy, everything doesn't have to be perfect, but the content
> of email messages falls squarely within the scope of 1.4.10. Why is
> every major provider so recalcitrant?
[...]

Are you talking about email clients, as in software, or web-based email
systems (since you speak of "major providers").

FWIW opening an email in Thunderbird, I can make the message window
small and zoom fairly high to the equivalent of 320 CSS px width with no
problem (provided the email itself doesn't do the things that cause
problem for web content in browsers as well, like setting absolute/fixed
widths for things).

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux