Re: OL and the START attribute

On 12/05/2021 12:33, Bristow, Alan wrote:
[...]
> DETAIL
> ---
> If I want to construct this...
>
> List of pets I like
> 1. I like cats
> Hey, look at these cats [link to happy cats]
> 2. I also like dogs
>
> Ignoring the first line (an H2) and the third (a P), if I use two OL tags, each with an LI, the second OL tag including the attribute and value
> start="2"
>
> then *visually* I get what I want, a list that is clearly two items, with some other content between the two items. Also the content is valid HTML.

Maybe it's because the example is massively simplified, but...why not
just do

<h2>List of pets I like</h2>
<ol>
   <li>
   </li>
   <li>I also like dogs</li>
</ol>

(with a bit of CSS to match the current look you're getting)

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux