Re: { contrast } on focus

On 04/11/2020 19:56, caroline wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm helping a friend freshen up her site. She'd like to keep her colour
> palette light and airy.
>
> Is it acceptable to have links in the navigation not meet contrast until
> it gains focus? I've seen orgs like Google do this but it doesn't mean
> it's correct and I'd like to be sure.
>
> On a related note, could a link be considered disabled until it gains
> focus? I'm wondering if that's why google opted to do this.
>
> Thanks I'm advance!

I'd say the answer to both questions is "no". For the first one, having
the links only become contrasty enough on focus (and, presumably, on
hover) doesn't really help a sighted user that has a hard time seeing
the links in the first place navigate to them with the mouse.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux