Re: Focus indicators for grouped controls

On 15/10/2019 14:50, Alastair Campbell wrote:
> You mentioned defining focus explicitly, which is a good idea if it works!
>
> My first thought was: "The point of interaction for the user’s input."

i'd still warn that it needs to clarify that it's only when interacting
with the keyboard, as otherwise, again, it invalidates/outlaws
:focus-visible and browser behavior / heuristics

and the more i think about it, the more i'd say "focus" needs to be
normatively defined (as that question can also creep up for other SCs
like "focus visible"). not just relegated to a non-normative
understanding doc for one new SC

the definition of focus would be mostly a rhetorical instrument, a
shorthand way to allow us to talk about "focus" when we mean more than
just document.activeElement

Patrick H. Lauke