Re: Bold vs Strong

These pages may help in terms of what HTML and browsers believe the styling
and semantics for em and strong are, which are generally used within
paragraphs, span, div, and table tags. If another tag, like headers or
labels, are used - it's best to style those with css rather than add more
html around the text. These tags already have semantic meaning and adding
more can cause confusion in meaning and complicate styling - making unhappy
developers.
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_em.asp
https://www.w3schools.com/tags/tryit.asp?filename=tryhtml_phrase_test

The b and i tags were part of HTML to style the text, though did not
provide semantic meaning. As seen from the html_phrase_test link above,
browsers general style em as italics and strong as bold, but you can use
css to style how every you need without changing the semantics.
Hypothetically, would you use the b tag with css to unbold it? Or would
using the strong tag be better without bolding?

Thanks,
Ann