Re: Bold vs Strong

David, when you said:
"...and screen reader developers go by trying to
make the best of what is in the real world, so tend to reinforce
misuses, and not support minority, but correct, use."

Is there a proposal or recommendation or discussion somewhere on how
screen reader developers should better support the correct use?
Does the "correct use" suggest that <b> and <strong> should be supported -
as in rendered - *differently* by screen readers?
I thought the issue was resolved and they were to be treated the same.  I
understand that they *could* be visually styled differently, and some do
that,
but that doesn't mean they "should* be styled visually differently any
more than they should be rendered differently by screen readers.

and as most of us know, and Sean wrote, "other screen readers also support
this which indicates people might not [know how] to be using the screen
reader correctly"
Regards,
Phill Jenkins
pjenkins@us.ibm.com
Senior Engineer & Accessibility Executive
IBM Research Accessibility

linkedin.com/in/philljenkins/
ibm.com/able
twitter.com/IBMAccess