Re: Valid usage of application mode

Hi Sean,

As discussed in WAI ARIA usually role application is used to pass the
keystrokes directly to the browser instead of intercepted by the
screen readers.

Few examples are:
1. Calendar widget where you need to provide 2d arrow key navigation.
2. At times for custom controls if the engineers have not coded Java
Script properly, when screen reader is on Enter / spacebar does not
activate the custom element. Instead of fixing the issue few people
tend to use role application which is not right practice.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohith B. P.