Valid usage of application mode

From: Sean Murphy (seanmmur) <seanmmur@cisco.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2018 08:19:43 +0000
To: w3c WAI List <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
All,

I'm very interested in finding out people's opinions on when or when role equals quote application quote should be used. What examples of webpages this is a valid usage or areas of the web UI.

As I'm finding more and more webpages are using application role incorrectly. For example people using application in dialogues, forms, ETC.

Sean M thisurphy
SR ENGINEER.SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
seanmmur@cisco.com
Tel: +61 2 8446 7751