From: Patrick H. Lauke [mailto:redux@splintered.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:07 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: responsive design and breakpoints and layout changes

On 04/01/2018 21:41, Phill Jenkins wrote:
> I agree it honestly
> seems like responsive design is the wild wild west where for many
> developers, all that matters is that it works for their eyes on the
> devices they happen to own - like guidelines and training are going to
> fix that . . .

As for the developer bashing bit, maybe also consider that these developers were aiming to ensure content fits/adapts to whatever the user's browser/viewport width is, rather than forcing the user to scroll horizontally and vertically. So not so much a "they don't care/it's the wild west", but rather "their aim works for certain users, but doesn't work for me/match my preference".

Patrick H. Lauke

www.splintered.co.uk | https://github.com/patrickhlauke http://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | http://redux.deviantart.com